When buyers are looking for products on eBay (and anywhere else, for that matter) a popular technique is to take the top few results, open them in separate tabs, and compare them to each other.
In the past, when buyers compared your listing to your competitors’, perhaps yours looked the most appealing and so converted the best. Now, though, a competitor has made some changes to their listing, improved their conversion rate, and now buyers are choosing their product over yours. Conversion rate is also a factor in search ranking, so improving it is something of a double whammy! Your conversion rate can be improved in a number of ways, including:
1) Make Your Product MAIN Photo-STAND OUT! Maybe your competitor used to have a couple of poor quality images that had been supplied by the manufacturer. Now, their listing has several professional-looking, high definition images, that show off different angles, key features, and the dimensions of the product. This can give the buyer more confidence that they are buying the right product. Use PicMonkey to easily make your Main Photo stand out!
2) Mobile-Optimized Professional Listing Designs Your competitor's listing used to have an old, clunky design, but now they’ve had a template designed to create a modern and professional looking listing. Maybe your competitor’s listing is the only one that is mobile optimized, and now they are winning more of the customers looking at the product on their phones. Change up Listing Templates. Click Here to use this Customized SEO Mobile-Optimized eBay Listing Template.
3) Add Personality to Your Description Text Instead of just covering the standard things, like the size and condition of the item, your competitor has added a paragraph giving a nice narrative about the product. This has not only given the buyer further information, but it has injected some personality into the listing, which makes it stand out from the millions of “to-the-point” descriptions on eBay.
4) Generous Return Policies Perhaps you used to have the most generous returns policy, but one of your competitors got wise and changed their policy to match or exceed yours. If this was your key source of differentiation – your unique selling point – then this may be why your sales have dropped. If you’ve reached the point where your policy couldn’t be any more generous, then you can’t leverage this any more. Look to improve other aspects of your listing.
5) FeedBack - Performance Stats You may think that the impact of bad buyers is easy to see – lost revenue, bad feedback and a nasty headache! But the unseen impact they have on your metrics and, as a result, your search ranking, can be harder to gauge. For example......So, if you’ve started having trouble with buyers in the last six months, that could have a big, negative impact on how the algorithm sees your products. It is widely thought that your key performance metrics are also taken into account by the search ranking algorithm, although to what extent remains a mystery. If buyers are hitting you with false “item not as described” claims, or saying that your items never arrived, this is going to have a bigger impact than just making your blood boil. One way you can attempt to beat bad buyers hitting you with "item not as described" is to immediately email them, asking detailed questions to incriminate their claim, especially if they become belligerent or threatening (bargaining) to leave negative feedback. These are grounds for future eBay removal, if they should follow through with their threat. Your email exchange is the documented proof and/or if the buyer should choose to ask eBay to step in. An indirect way to minimize a negative impact is to try and get as much good feedback as possible, to water down the effect by focusing on sending a series of customer emails to encourage positive feedback from the point of sale and up to the date of delivery. Customers will most likely contact you directly other than making an eBay Return Request, too.
Start Converting Buyers into Customers away from Your Competition..TODAY! Improve your sales and get a jump on Holiday Sales! Competition is healthy and fun when you know what your doing. Check out your competition and learn to COMPETE. Click here, if want Expert Guidance to hold your hand for the next 8 weeks.
"Success doesn't just happen...You have to go out and get it!" Connect with me to discuss new strategies using DropShip Service Provider's systems.
Hi! My name is Ms. Deb, and I love dropshipping! Seriously - it's all I think about. Which is why I started this blog - to share my ultimate guide to dropshipping with you. I hope you enjoy reading (and making money) along with me! Follow Me
DropShip Supplier Services
Ms. Debra Bee-Stefani eBay Top-Rated Power Seller - eBay Trained Education Specialist - eBay Coach/Trainer since 2013. Specialized in: SEO Applications & Techniques; Higher Profit Strategies and Inventory Management